top of page
Woman handing man US passport

Business Investor & Employment Visas

If You Want to Work, Invest, or Start a Business in The U.S., You Have Immigration Options.

Many immigrants come to the United States to take advantage of the ample opportunity to work, start a business, or invest in a commercial enterprise. Whether you are a business owner, entrepreneur, or an investor, the draw of the United States is the economic opportunity that it offers to you. At Maimone Legal PLLC, we can help you obtain the visa you need to successfully work in, start, or invest in a business in the U.S.

We understand this journey personally; as Canadian immigrants ourselves we have a unique perspective on the immigration process. We know firsthand how confusing the immigration system can be, and we can guide you through all of the requirements, steps, and forms. With our immense experience with employment and business-based visas, we can help you determine your eligibility and streamline the process so you can move forward. From our Fort Lauderdale office, we can assist clients throughout the country with fulfilling their American Dream.

Finding The Right Investment Or Employment Visa For You

The United States has numerous options for those looking to invest or work in the country. At Maimone Legal PLLC, we will review your circumstances and help you determine which visa is right for you. We can help you with a wide range of business and employment visas, including but not limited to:

  • E2

  • EB-1

  • EB-2

  • EB-3

  • EB-5

  • IW

  • TN

USCIS has strict requirements for obtaining employment and investor visas. To qualify for an E-2 treaty trader and investor visa, you must be a national of a country that holds a trade and commerce treaty with the United States. You must also have previously invested or are planning to invest a substantial amount of money into an enterprise in the U.S. and enter the U.S. to develop and direct the enterprise.

Unlike the temporary status of an E-2 visa, the EB visas can provide direct pathways to a green card and permanent residency. For example, to qualify under an EB-5 visa, your investment must be much higher, and your enterprise must create 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers. The process for obtaining an EB-5 visa takes much longer than an E-2 visa but comes with additional perks, such as working for any company in the U.S.


An H-1B allows U.S. employers to hire foreign workers with certain skills to work in the United States. To qualify, the immigrant must have a valid job offer in the U.S. that requires specialized knowledge, proof of a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, and the employer must show that the U.S. lacks appropriate applicants for the role. Some occupations that utilize H-1B visas include technology, finance, engineering, science, medicine, and education.

Qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens can seek temporary entry into the United States under a TN authorization if their U.S. job falls under a list of North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) professions. Individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics may qualify for an O-1 visa.

An experienced immigration attorney can help determine which visa strategy best fits your needs.

Streamlining The Visa Process To Get You Closer To Achieving Your Goals

Working with an experienced business immigration attorney can make a significant difference in your case. From alleviating the stress that comes with the process to finding the best path forward, you can trust us to help you succeed. To schedule a consultation, call 888-863-3207 or reach out to us online.

bottom of page